Sunday, August 14, 2011

Why does my professor put up with me?

I've had him for 3 cles so far. I write love notes to him on my course evaluations. The most recent one I even signed my name to and gave him really melodramatic details about my life. I'm not even in any of his cles now, and he's helping me try to get this story published that I wrote about a professor/student affair! (I couldn't make this stuff up...) To boot, all of this is in my second language. I don't even know if he speaks English. Every time I go to see him in office hours I positively mangle his native tongue. And through all of this, he won't stop smiling at me. The other students dislike him because he's really abrupt with them. I've been in love with him for two years and I'm pretty sure he knows. Why does he keep me around? Is there any way for me to determine his actual level of interest?

No comments:

Post a Comment